Friday 22 June 2007

Never forget.... We were first!!

I haven't written anything for a while. Things have been pretty normal I guess and it feels like there is less to talk about than when we are in the thick of it. Its strange to say, but during those times all we can do is depend on God and the comfort that gives us is amazing. When things are not so hectic I guess I start to do things on my own again and i forget the comfort it gives me to share whats happening. This post is no different.

Each week we have the health visitor come and measure Summers head circumference to watch for hydrocephalus developing. It is not looking hopeful so far. She is still OK but it is heading in a bad direction. We are aware she may be back in hospital in a couple of weeks for a shunt to be fitted, another operation. The doctors will say to us at the hospital, "We told you this was likely" or something like that and they did but it makes it no easier now I can assure you.

So I am back on my knees. We have seen her healed before, the meningitis didn't develop even though she looked so ill, the defect is low on her spine and it is healing well, the ventricles in her head stayed low during the pregnancy and the amazing growth spurt she had in her last week before being born. All just amazing provision of an amazing God.

We pray now that next week her head will not have grown more than is normal, that she will not need more surgery and I anticipate that God will provide abundantly for us as always.

I had some other disturbing news tonight. A baby has been born on Eastenders and they have named her 'Summer'. Never forget.... We were first!!

This is taken while I'm wring this, what a cutie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Nic and Kathy
We are thinking of you all.
Love, Ann, Graham, Ben and Alice. xx