Sunday 22 April 2007

Getting there!

Well, we are getting there. After months of wishing I was more pregnant and had a bigger bump, I finally have it and realise that not being able to see my feet & getting out of breath going up stairs is not all that fun!
We have not had a scan for about three weeks and it has been lovely to feel ‘normal’.
I brought a book recently about baby’s first year ( I did also buy the Gina Ford book, but only got through the first chapter and got very scared!). I flicked to the end of this book and it had comments from people this lady had worked with. One of them thanked her for helping them to be a normal family living with their special needs daughter and I realised that I wanted that for us. We are facing a different life, but it is really important for us and our daughter to have as much normality as possible & this is my wish & prayer.
Our nursery is getting there thanks to help from my mum, so should be done before our scan & Amnio on Friday. I also only have four working days left, which is great. I am ready to sit in the garden and put my feet up while I still can!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you finish work Kathy do put your feet up and enjoy your leisure it allows you the transition from a working girl to your New Life. Please God it is a good one.

Love

Mary Cyprus xx

Anonymous said...

Hi both. I read your story in the magazine and wanted to find out how you and your baby girl are doing. I was moved by the way you are dealing with the situation and am wishing you all the best for the remainder of the pregnancy and beyond. I'm also expecting, and know what a nail-biting time it is when you're waiting for results.

You sound as though you'll be loving parents. All the best.