Sunday 15 April 2007

Time to get ready

Finally back from Spring Harvest. A week in a Butlins chalet can certainly wear you out! We had a good week especially a talk on the last day about how to live with disabled children. A little premature I know as we don’t know the extent of our girls problems as yet but it was a really reassuring talk. We also got to meet the lady who was leading the talk and she lives in Leicester and also goes to our parent church. It was our first time with other familys who have difficulties and it was a really positive one. Thankyou Spring Harvest.

As always on these conferences there are a couple of key things that we try to take away with us and remember. I’m sure Kathy has her own but for me there were two things. Firstly, about seeing a ‘Glimpse of his Glory’, like Peter did on the mountain that time. I have had glimpses such as when we first found about our baby and how God cradled us and, although not quite so prolific, will try to remember them when things get harder as they are almost surely going to.

Secondly about being a ‘Big Picture’ Christian. So many times I’ve got wound up in things and completely missed what was really happening; too many to mention here. I must do better!

We have cancelled with our consultant’s permission our scan this week. We have the amnio the week after so didn’t want to go through any more unless absolutely necessary. She told us there is nothing they will do anyway as she’s in the best place possible at the moment. We were told however that if the hydrocephalus gets very bad they may induce at 36 weeks. Only 4 weeks away. I pray this won’t be necessary.

Another thing I remember from the Xtra Special Children course is about the importance of praying for specifics. I think this blog helps with that but I will try harder to be more explicit in prayer requests. We will keep up to date the prayer request list on the right of the blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kathy and Nic

Glad you found some comfort talking to people with similar experiences. I have found this often helps.

Thinking of you all

Love Mary Cyprus