Thursday 12 July 2007

Update

We thought Summer would be home yesterday or today bu she is still at Queens in Nottingham. for the last 24hours or so she has been running a temperature which is causing us all some concern.

The doctors are obviously concerned about meningitis, an infection caught from the operation. Another possibility I was told about was there there may be some bleeding in the brain which incredibly so is not so serious but can cause just a high temperature when she is otherwise OK. I may have misunderstood that as it doesn't sound right. if they are still concerned tomorrow they may give her a lumber puncture which i think is where they inject antibiotics straight into the spinal cord. Any of you doctor types reading can correct me if I'm wrong on that. We would rather that didn't happen as it will knock her for 6 for a while I'm sure. She is in the best place possible however have regular obs every 4 hours so we are confident she will be OK.

No comments: