Sunday 11 March 2007

What a Pretty Wife!!

I have been finding it difficult to write on the blog recently We have described how we have been carried and riding on a wave this last few weeks and it has been a pleasure to share that with everyone. But why continue? I am not sure I now want others to know how I am doing when I am not doing so great; when life just seems normal.

Things have got normal so quickly, some of the really great habits we started are dropping away as the real world takes it share and of course the bad habits are creeping back in. Last year I spent 2 weeks in Hong Kong with Jackie Pullinger’s ministry, St Stephens helping look after the addicts. I was so out of my depth I didn’t know what to do or when or how. (Answer: pray, all the time and pray, respectively) It was an amazing 2 weeks that I wish I could have shared with Kathy. After I got back again after a few weeks the excitement had left and I was back in normal life again similar to now.

I know these things have not been in vain. My normal has changed immeasurably. I have learnt and continue to learn a bit more about grace each time. Some of the promises are now in full swing, a church youth group is under way with an Alpha course soon to start, my guitar playing continues to improve and Im still learning how to pray. That’s just the tip of what happing to people around us at the moment which we are so grateful for.

So why continue writing? My main reason is to record what’s happening to us and our baby. Maybe one day she’ll read it herself? But also as a testimony to how we choose to live and what God does/has done for us. there are more exciting stories out there to read but this is just our story.


We still haven’t had the amniocentesis which could again radically change our lives. We just don’t know at the moment what’s going to happen and living not knowing is OK. There are so many good stories out there we have every reason to be very positive. But all the possible outcomes aside we are just trying to keep focused on the one who takes care of us and will give us the best on offer.

“Which of you if his son asks for bread will give him a stone?… …If you know how to give good gifts then how much more will your father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him!”

We have no doubts there are many good gifts on offer if we just ask for them.

Our most recent of gifts has been a short trip to Cornwall, very relaxing especially while sampling some of Rick Stein’s rather nice and reasonably priced food. Although be sure the photo is only showing an increase in belly volume do to being 6 months pregnant and not the cheeseboard. What a pretty wife I have.



No comments: